Sunday, July 26, 2009

The REAL harvest

So we actually have gotten quite the amount of veggies out of our garden, despite some major tomato worms!

One of my favorite things to do with all the zucchini (it grows like mad!) is this:


Cube up chicken, zucchini, and this time I added sliced carrots which we grew too.
Stir fry it in just a tiny bit of of olive oil and sprinkle on some Cajun Seasoning.

Top with cheddar cheese. I serve it over rice sometimes and it's good alone. Healthy too! It was super good with our fresh carrots this time.

We also have lots of tomatoes. Any ideas what I should do with them all?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll take the tomatoes off your hands, I love home grown tomatoes. The food looks good!

Vause Family said...

Salsa!

Jennifer said...

Salsa, Pizza sauce, pasta sauce, I love canning all my tomatoes in many different forms. Mine haven't come on yet but I bet next week I'll be A Very busy woman.

Temple View Lodge said...

I love Fresh Veggie's from the garden. Awesome.
Last year we had alot of tomatoes given to us and I made homemade marinara sauce and put it in little baggies and froze it and just got it out whenever I made manicotti, stuffed shells, spegetti, pizza etc. It tasted great. I have the recipe if you would like it.

Temple View Lodge said...

I love Fresh Veggie's from the garden. Awesome.
Last year we had alot of tomatoes given to us and I made homemade marinara sauce and put it in little baggies and froze it and just got it out whenever I made manicotti, stuffed shells, spegetti, pizza etc. It tasted great. I have the recipe if you would like it.

Gina said...

What a good load of goodies! Tomatoes are good to have BLTs. But make sure you have company so you can use up more tomatoes that way.

Christina W. Cook said...

Gina, come over for BLT's anytime. Heather, YES, I would really like that recipe. I love spaghetti!