Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's not you...It's me.

Dear Estate Vineyard paint,



The first day I saw you I fell in love. You were bold, rich, dark, and so gorgeous I could almost taste you. I ignored the very wise advise of my friends and family, who told me to go in another direction. I was so excited to have you, to try something different, to take a chance.

It pains me to admit that there is such thing as "too much of a good thing." I'm sorry to say that this relationship has started to smother me. I felt oppressed each time I was around you, overwhelmed and unhappy with my choices. So, Estate Vineyard, after nearly 10 months, I need to admit I made a mistake. I need to say, it's....it's.....Well....


I found something new. I feel lighter, more refreshed, and somehow freer. Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I hate to say it...no wait, I love to say it, "I told you so!" Just kidding, friend. Love the new color. :-)

Gina said...

Are you sleeping better? The warm colors make me feel so cozy and comfortable. Good job!

Laura said...

Your new color looks really good. I like it!

Hooray for Us! said...

The new color looks great....it really makes the room look bigger. Good choice!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Yeah!!! It's good you gave the dark color a boot like a bad boyfriend! It's beautiful.

Nicole & Ammon said...

Wow, you are a great painter! And so ambitious! I like both colors but the tan does seem lighter. Good job!