Wednesday, November 12, 2008

EEEWWW!!!
This nasty dude was creeping through my garage today after I dropped Charlie off at preschool. Turns out about 2 weeks ago my neighbor was discussing their "Jerusalem cricket" they have in a jar at school and, yep, that's what it is. It's BIG! About 2 inches long and pretty fat! This is an internet picture since (sniff sniff) I dropped our digital camera (broke it) and the only pictures I have are blurry camera phone ones.


MAN! I had to do an insect collection in 8th grade and I NEVER found anything this cool!

6 comments:

Temple View Lodge said...

We found on of those suckers at our house one time and we about flipped out. We has know idea what kind of bug it was either. Ours was an alpino version. They are nasty huh!

Kari Despain Stewart said...

Oh NASTY!! So glad it was you, and not me!

Laura said...

Yuck! Do you guys want to come see Kung Fu Panda at Max's school tomorrow?

Andrea said...

I wish I had your reaction on camera. That would win me $10,00 for sure on America's Funniest Home Videos!

Andrea said...

I meant $10,000... hee hee.

Christina W. Cook said...

Yeah, at very first I was just so shocked and confused I had never seen one before, I was nearing panic level but then remembered my neighbor talking about one and I calmed down a bit..I thought it was a massive huge queen bee thingy full of nasty babies or something at very first with those stripes.