Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our latest project revealed at last!

I love doing projects to improve my house! Ben, on the other hand, doesn't love doing them but he loves me, so he does them. He does always appreciate the results. I truly appreciate his talents in all things handy-manish...

Before:


I don't have the greatest before pictures. Ben came home one night and just started ripping the floor up. But you can see from these shots it's just a light colored plain linoleum. I never liked it and it was hard to keep clean! It had all these annoying little dimples all over it that got dirty! You can see it pretty well in the next photo.

During:
Charlie loves to help his Dad! I love to see them work together. I'm so lucky!


Our fabulous living arrangements for almost 2 months!

Drumroll please, After:


I just love it. It's porcelain tile that is made to look like stone slate. But natural slate is not smooth surface and I knew that'd be a nightmare to clean. So when I found this tile I fell in love!

Thanks sweetie!

6 comments:

Joni said...

It looks amazing! I can't wait to re-do our kitchen floor soon. 20 year old linolium just isn't my favorite. Maybe Ben could come over and do it for us... :0)

Rachel said...

Christina, it looks really good. I think it matches you kitchen well and adds some variety. Maybe you need to come shopping with me when I pick out stuff for my house!

Nicole & Ammon said...

Wow that looks awesome! You need to come to my house (when I get one) and fix it up!

Vause Family said...

Looks darn good! Yeah for Ben!

Gina said...

It looks so so much better!
I am thankful for your husband too, for doing it.
Now, not only can you dance in your kitchen like before, but you can tap dance in your kitchen.

Bree said...

Slate is a TERROR to clean! Be so happy you didn't get it! We had it in the house we rented last. UGH. I hated that floor. Looks great on shower walls tho! :)